Skip to main content
- Governor Sununu has announced a new program to encourage more people collecting unemployment benefits to return to work with the new SUMMER STIPEND PROGRAM-RETURN TO WORK BONUS.
- Starting May 18th, anyone filing for unemployment benefits in New Hampshire, RETURNING to work and STAYING at work for at least EIGHT (8) WEEKS will be eligible to apply for a SUMMER STIPEND PAYMENT of $1,000 for FULL-TIME WORK and $500 for PART-TIME WORK.
- These stipends will be paid on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS out of a new $10 million fund.
- APPLY AFTER COMPLETING EIGHT (8) WEEKS OF EMPLOYMENT BY LOGGING INTO YOUR UNEMPLOYMENT DASHBOARD AND FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS.
- Remember, you need to have been filing for unemployment benefits as of May 18th or later and then return to employment for at least eight (8) weeks in order to be eligible. Self-employment does not qualify.
- The Summer Stipend Payment will be limited to people earning $25/hour or less.
- Remember to keep your PAY STUBS as they will be required to be uploaded when applying in order to verify eight (8) weeks of employment.