2021 Tax Forms - 1099G

  • When will tax forms be available for benefits paid in 2021

    Your federal tax forms (1099-G) for the 2021 tax year will be available online by January 31st. If you are unable to view the 1099G on your dashboard, please continue to check for your paper 1099G arriving by traditional mail. You will receive a 1099G if the total amount of Unemployment Benefits paid to you during calendar year 2021 is at least $10. Additionally, a separate 1099G will be issued to all claimants paid a Summer Stipend Bonus during the 2021 calendar year.

  • Why did I receive a Form 1099G

    Anyone that has received unemployment benefits during calendar year 2021 totaling $10 or more is required to be provided with a Form 1099G. These forms will be available starting on January 31st by going online and logging into your unemployment benefit account. If you are unable to access the form online then you will be receiving a paper 1099G by traditional mail.

  • Why did I receive multiple Form 1099Gs for 2021

    Anyone receiving both unemployment benefits as well as a summer stipend/return to work bonus payment during 2021 will receive a separate 1099G for each program.

  • What is included on the 1099G

    On your form 1099G you will find details for calendar year 2021 regarding the amount of unemployment benefits you received. Also, in your online unemployment benefit account you will find information regarding any benefits you repaid.

  • What if I need a Form 1099G from a prior calendar year

    Form 1099Gs issued from 2009 through 2020 are available online by logging into the unemployment benefit system and going to your correspondence box. If you need a Form 1099G for a year prior to 2009 please contact the Unemployment Hotline at (603) 271-7700 and speak with a customer service representative.

  • What time period is covered by the Form 1099G

    The Form 1099G covers the calendar year January-December. For example, the 2021 Form 1099G covers the time period January 1, 2021-December 31, 2021.

  • How do I report the amount of benefits I repaid

    For questions on how to report benefits repaid during 2021 please refer to IRS Publication 525 or talk with your tax professional.